B.Tech Artificial intelligence and Machine Learning course is one of the branches of computer science. Due to the blazing fast developments and brimming job opportunities in this field, it is now studied as an exclusive course.
Artificial intelligence technology is about making computers think like human beings and do things intelligently on their own. Machine learning is a subcategory of Artificial Intelligence. It is the process of making computers learn from the pattern observed from the data which eliminates the separate programming for new things.
AI & MI technologies were leveraged hugely during the COVID-19 outbreak. Various countries used it to monitor patients, curb the spread, remove false news from the internet, and so on. Not just the healthcare industry, Artificial intelligence is making inroads into every industry.
Why should you choose B.Tech Artificial intelligence & Machine Learning?
It is the booming era of automation. Many domains have started adopting AI ways to detect, monitor, and collect data for their growth. Due to this huge buzz, AI & MI majors are in demand. Students graduating from this course are thrown into the sea of vast job opportunities with lucrative salaries.
Initially, you will be studying Physics, Mathematics, English, and some basics of programming. As the study is more about the computer and its interaction, students will be taught the languages in which the computers operate like C++, Java, Scala, Python, Julia, R programming language, etc. Then, the focus will move to the mainstream subjects of AI & ML. Take a look at a few of the topics:
- Computer System Architecture
- Functional Programming in Python
- Playing with Big Data
- Web Technologies
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Securing Digital Assets
- Database Management Systems & Data Modelling
- Data Structures with C
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Introduction to Machine Learning
- Formal Languages & Automata Theory
- Reasoning, Problem Solving and Robotics
- Open Source and Open Standards
- Data Communication and Computer Networks
- Introduction to IT and Cloud Infrastructure Landscape
- Communication WKSP 1.2
- Internet of Things
- Deep Learning
As this is a new course in the Engineering block, there isn’t any finite hard and fast rule. It varies from college to college. General eligibility for artificial intelligence and machine learning are as follows:
- Students should have cleared Class 10th and 12th with 50% aggregate marks from any recognized College/University.
- Students should have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Computer Science in 12th class.
- Students should be 17 or above during admission.
- Most of the colleges admit students through Engineering Counselling based on the class 12th scores.
- For few colleges, you must clear JEE Main & Advanced (for IITs & NITs) or any other Entrance Exams like KCET, COMEDK, WBJEE, MHT CET for admission.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the digital revolution has come into play in a quick time. So is the need for AI and ML in the healthcare industry, IT industry, Government sector, etc. Analyzing customer behavior, processing, and suggesting measures according to that data is what AI does. This eliminates human efforts and saves a lot of time. So AI is the craze now.
AI & ML graduates can pack around INR 8 lakh salary even being fresher. This is far higher than other stream jobs’ average salary. Such is the demand and it is only going to grow. The experienced people are getting up to 50 lakh per annum. Choosing this career is not gonna disappoint you but will create a brighter future.
Top Colleges for Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning
The nation’s most prominent colleges have AI & ML undergraduate courses and many other colleges will add in the coming years. A few of the top institutes where you can study your dream AI ML course are as follows:
- Indian Institute Technology
- DY Patil International University, Pune
- Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi
- Great Lakes International University
- Quantum School of Technology, Roorkee
- Jain University, Bengaluru
- Chandigarh University
- VIT Bhopal
- SRM University, Chennai
You can choose any of the career option from below:
- Artificial Intelligence engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data analyst
- Research scientist
- Data Scientist
- Big Data & AI Architect
- Cloud Solutions Architect
You will be astonished by the list having most premium companies. Take a look:
You can work in sectors like IT, Security, Healthcare, Defence, space sector, Robotics, etc.
- Asking Alexa/ Google home your favorite song involves AI. These devices take your inputs, process, analyze and complete the task. Upon continuous use, it will customize according to each user.
- Coronavirus tracking involves AI. It analyses the spread and shows real-time data.
- Automatic Vehicle recognition, AI-sensitive cameras, local area guidance in the tourism industry are a few more practical applications.