A BSc Cardiac Care Technology (Honors) is one of the trending specializations under medical allied courses attracting many medical aspirants with a technology mind. This 3 years undergraduate course is designed to teach and train the students all the skills and knowledge required to assist physicians during cardiovascular treatments or testing. This niche market has a very high demand as specialized and skilled assistants are an added advantage in the treatment procedure.
Aspirants who have their minds on the medical stream as well as have a keen sense of technology can opt for this course. The program includes an in-depth study of Cardiac Care Technologies as well as how to take care of patients suffering from cardiovascular disease. Applying for the course required minimum eligibility criteria to be fulfilled. Most of the colleges take admission based on entrance exams as well as based on merit.
With high employment opportunities, opting for B.Sc. (Hons.) Cardiac Care Technology (CCT) can fetch you wide job options in both private and public sectors. Their roles and responsibilities major include patient care and supporting doctors in tests and cardiac treatments.
Keep scrolling to learn in detail about the course program.
The syllabus for Bsc Cardiology includes;
- Basic Anatomy
- Physical Anatomy
- Advanced Electrocardiography
- Introduction to Cardiac Technology
- Applied Pharmacology
- Exercise Stress Testing and ECG Recording
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Applied Cardiac Care Technology
- Clinical Cardiac Care Technology
As the medical and healthcare sector keeps on growing to its zenith, the future scope for BSc in Cardiac Care Technology also remains high. Completion of the course offers a wide range of jobs in the public and private healthcare sectors. Above all hospitals and nursing homes remain the highest recruiters of graduates in Cardiac Care Technology. Here are domains and department areas in and around the healthcare sector;
- Government and Private Hospitals or Clinic
- Healthcare Offices
- Rehabilitation Centres
- Nursing Care Centres
- Academic Institutes
Apart from choosing for a job role, a student can also be studying further into higher degrees including MSc, MBA, or PG Medical and Diploma courses.
The eligibility criteria for taking admissions into BSc Cardiac Care Technology is;
- The candidate should have qualified 10+2 or equivalent education with 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Admissions will take place as per guidelines set by each college.
Admissions to the course by most of the colleges are based on merit or entrance exam as is required by the respective college. The top medical colleges of India conduct entrance exams and the final admission happens after clearing the personal interview.
Top Colleges in India
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- JKK Natrajah Dental College and Hospital, Tamil Nadu
- SRM Institute of Technology, Kanchipuram
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati
- Global University, Saharanpur
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute, New Delhi
- KLE University, Belgaum
- MGMIHS, Mumbai
- Yenpoya University, Mangalore
The course fees depend on the type of institute and the ranking of the college. The fee structure usually ranges from INR 50,000 to INR 3 Lakhs.
Some of the popular and lucrative job roles in this field include;
- Cardiac Care Technologist
- Cardiovascular Technologist
- Medical Sonographer
- Consultant Nephrologist
- Cath Lab Technologist
- Cardiac Care Technician
- Dialysis Technician.