B.Sc Renal Dialysis technology is a 3-year Professional Undergraduate degree. It is a specialized course that deals with renal dialysis i.e the treatment for kidney failure. Students are trained and educated for medical treatment and on how to operate machines and monitor them accurately.
This treatment involves removing wastes and excess fluids from the blood which is particularly doing the function of kidneys externally. Renal Dialysis technicians prepare patients for the treatment and are also responsible for their reports. Students are taught about kidney function, other related organs’ function, and also dialysis equipment usage.
Students can also study via distance education that is available in some colleges like GNOU, Sharda University, Symbiosis college Pune, etc
Colleges include both theory and practical classes in their curriculum to help students understand better. Following are some of the subjects you will study during the course time:
- Human Anatomy
- General English
- Pathology & Microbiology
- Fundamentals of Computer
- Applied anatomy and Physiology related to dialysis technology.
- Pharmacology related to Dialysis Technology
- Health Care
- Applied Dialysis Technology
- Applied Aspects of Pathology and Microbiology
- Pathology [Clinical Pathology, Hematology, & Blood banking]
- Concepts of Renal Disease
The eligibility criteria for the Renal Dialysis course must be known before applying for any college. They are as follows:
- Students should have cleared Class 10th and 12th with 45% aggregate marks from any recognized College/University.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th class.
- Students should be 17 or above during admission.
- Many colleges take students based on entrance exams like NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), JEE Mains, COMEDK, SRMJEE, UPESEAT, BITSAT, VITEEE, etc. Few seats are allotted via 12th marks in colleges.
Big Hospitals, clinics, and dialysis centers employ Renal dialysis graduates. The need is all-time and it is increasing every day. We often hear about people with kidney failure and they need specialized people’s assistance for treatment. Students can join the government or private hospitals and both have fixed a good pay scale. Those who wish to do higher studies can do M.Sc Renal dialysis technology to expand their knowledge. Experienced technicians can earn a good amount in this field too.
B.Sc Renal Dialysis Colleges in India
There are many colleges in India that offer B.Sc Renal Dialysis Technology courses. Here are some of the colleges:
- AJ Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Karnataka
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Manipal university
- St.John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore, Karnataka
- NU Trust College, Bangalore
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Bangalore
- M.M.M. College of Health Science, Chennai
- Mahatma Gandhi Mission Institute of Health Sciences, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry
- Jain University, Bangalore
- The East point group of institutions, Bangalore
The Renal Dialysis fee structure ranges from INR 20,000 to 3 Lakh per year
A fresher joining work can earn 2 lakh to 5 lakh per annum. Once you get expertise, in the following years you can earn a lot more.
Many job roles are available for a Renal Dialysis expert. Some of them are listed below:
- Dialysis Therapist
- Dialysis technician
- Clinical coordinator
- Medical Technician