A BSc in Dialysis Therapy Technology (Hons) is one of the paramedical courses offered by the Indian Medical Educational Institutions. This medical allied course is designed to provide tenured learning with the capabilities to understand and assist the specialists or doctors in their respective treatment processes. The students are mentored with various technologies and advanced machines used for providing dialysis help to the patients.
Today this three-year undergraduate course is offered in many colleges and institutions and is focused on providing balanced learning of theories and practical-based training allowing the students to learn the best of dialysis treatment. The curriculum consists of the academic part as well as demands for an internship in dialysis therapy
The syllabus for BSc in Dialysis Therapy Technology includes the following;
- Basic Human Anatomy
- Principles of Dialysis
- Concepts of Dialysis and Nutrition
- Sterile Techniques of Dialysis
- Dialysis Technology with Pharmacology
- Applied Anatomy of Dialysis Therapy
- Complications in Dialysis
- Management of Complications
- Microbiology and Pathology
- Applied Pathology of Dialysis Therapy
- Dialysis Equipment and System
- Safety and Sanitation
- Internship & Projects
With the radical increase of advanced healthcare and medical technology, the need for specialists in managing dedicated segments of healthcare has also increased. The future scope for such specialized and trending medical allied courses is high with most of the private and public healthcare sector offering lucrative salaries.
The average salary for a BSc (Honors) in Dialysis Therapy is 3-6 LPA across different areas of employment. Some of the popular employment areas for entry-level graduates include:
- Private and Government Hospitals
- Dialysis and Medical Clinics
- Medical Labs
Apart from good job opportunities, a candidate after graduating with BSc (honors) in Dialysis Therapy Technology can also opt for higher education in medical allied courses. Many universities across the nation offer post-graduation courses in the field.
In order to be eligible to apply for a BSc (Honors) in Dialysis, Therapy Technology needs to qualify in 10+2 board education with a minimum of 45% – 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or Biology.
Most of the colleges offering the course accepts admission based on the marks secured in the entrance exams. Therefore the student must qualify for the entrance exams with a competitive score. In case of direct admissions, the student has to approach the college or visit any admission consulting agency for guidance.
top colleges in India
Some of the popular colleges offering a BSc in Dialysis Therapy Technology course are;
- AIIMS Delhi
- CMC Vellore, Vellore
- Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry
- St. Xaviers College, Mumbai
- Madras Medical College, Chennai
- Sri Devaraj Urs Academy of Higher Education and Research, Kolar
- Guru Govind SIgn Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Sri Ramachandra Medical College & Research Institute, Chennai
Once that you have completed your academic session, you also need to get your internship completed. After gaining practical knowledge, a candidate could get some lucrative job offers as;
- Dialysis Therapist
- Dialysis Technician
- Medical Lab Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Technician
Admission for BSc in Dialysis Therapy is based on entrance exams as set by the respective colleges or universities.
The average tuition fee demanded by most of the colleges is Rs 80,000 per annum.