B.Sc Nursing course is a four-year Undergraduate degree that specializes in teaching clinical practice methods to assist doctors in treatment and surgery. Additionally, nurses are meant to take care of the patients throughout their treatment. After the study, students come out as professional healthcare workers. Nurses take the commands from doctors and help them through the process.
Nursing is considered a noble profession and is a highly respectable job. Even during the Coronavirus pandemic, they proved their relentless and selfless care for the people. In India, many colleges offer B.Sc Nursing courses. Make sure that the college you join must have the course approved by the Indian Nursing Council.
The Nursing course starts with fundamental and introductory medical subjects like General English, Nutrition, and so on to brush up your fundamental knowledge. Some of the main law subjects that you will study are:
- Introduction to community health
- General Med. Surg
- Public Health Nursing
- Health Education and Sociology
- Sociology & Social Medicine
- Trends in Nursing & Professional adjustment
- Paediatric Nursing & Growth & Development
- Med. Surg. Nursing (ICU)
- Health Education & A.V.Aids.
- Eye, Skin & Communicable diseases
- Applied pharmacology
- O.T. Technique
- Trends in Nursing & Nursing service administration
The B.Sc Nursing admission eligibility is few general conditions. The students must verify these conditions before applying:
- Students must have passed Class 10th and 12th with 45% aggregate marks from any recognized College/University.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th class.
- Students should be 17 or above during admission. The maximum age limit is 35 years.
- One does not need to take the NEET exam for Nursing. There are other state-wise and college-wise entrance exams. JIPMER, AIIMS Nursing, AJEE, PGIMER Nursing, AUAT, etc. are some of the entrance exams for the B.Sc Nursing course.
- BSc Nursing Management quota admission can also be done in some colleges.
In the medical field, the role of nurses plays a significant role. As doctors cannot concentrate on every patient for a long time, nurses come into the scene and fulfill it. So the demand for nurses will always be there. Job opportunities are also a great deal. Nurses can work in private and government hospitals, NGOs, Army, nursing homes, schools, colleges, and sometimes in homes for personal care. One can also work abroad as the situation is always welcoming.
B.Sc Nursing top colleges in India
Many colleges in India offer B.Sc Nursing courses with splendid teaching and education. Here are the best nursing colleges in India:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Armed forces medical college, Pune
- Ramaiah Institute of Nursing Education & Research, Bangalore
- Vydehi Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
- Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
- RR Group of Institutions, Bangalore
- Acharya Institute of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Christian Medical College, Vellore
- Bangalore City College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Rajarajeswari College of Nursing, Bangalore
- Chandigarh University, Chandigarh
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
- Akash Institute of Nursing, Bangalore
- Dayananda Sagar College of Nursing, Bangalore
- East Point College of Nursing
The first skill that any nurse should have is patience. Because you would meet different patients battling with diverse problems and pain. You have to be considerate, kind, and be a good guide throughout the recovery process. Other skills include playing a good mediator between doctor and patient, making patients understand the timings of taking medicine, timely reporting on patients to doctors, etc.
The B.Sc Nursing fee structure ranges from INR 20,000 to 2.5 Lakh per year
Times have changed, needs have evolved and nurses can work in different places. Some of the job roles for B.Sc Nursing are:
- Ward Sister
- Staff Nurse
- Military Nurse
- Nursing Superintendent
- Lecturer or Professor
- Department Supervisor
- Administrative Nurse
- Home Care Nurse
- Nurse Manager