Computer Science Engineering (CSE) is an Undergraduate Engineering degree. The course duration is of 4 years which is partitioned into 8 semesters. With the advent of numerous IT companies in India, the demand for the CSE course has rocketed. This course sheds knowledge upon operating systems, hardware, programming languages, and all other aspects of the software.
The program instills much-needed coding skills and theory knowledge. The lab sessions and practical classes are a catalyst for faster understanding. As internships are becoming mandatory for Engineers, their skills are enhanced by undergoing hands-on training. After the completion of the course, there are a plethora of job opportunities from start-up to MNCs both in India and foreign countries.
Some of the computer engineering subjects that you will study during the tenure of the CSE course are:
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Computer Organization & Design
- Discrete Mathematics
- Digital Systems
- Operating Systems (Unix Programming)
- Formal Languages & Automation Theory
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Computer Networks
- Database Management Systems
- Software Engineering
- Compiler Design
- Cryptography & Information Security
- Approximation of Algorithms
- Mobile Computing
- Pattern Recognition
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
- Distributed Computing Systems
- Graph Theory
- Artificial Intelligence
- Computer Graphics and Visualization
- Simulation and Modelling
- Internet Web Programming
- Embedded Computing Systems
- Software Testing
- Data Mining
- Advanced Computer Architecture
- Information Retrieval
- Software Architecture
- VLSI Design & Algorithms
- Soft Computing
- Game Theory
- Combinational Optimization
- Computer Vision
- Software Project Management
- Human-Computer Interface
- Cloud Computing
- Web Service and Service-Oriented
- Multimedia Computing
To study Computer Science Engineering, you must qualify for certain eligibility conditions. Check them for yourself below:
- Students must have passed Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Computer Science/Biology from an authorized board/University.
- The candidate must have reached the age of 17 during admission
- For certain colleges, you must clear JEE Main or any other Entrance Exam for admission.
- To join as a lateral entry, you must have completed a diploma degree in the relevant field.
Programming has become the oxygen of the IT world. Without which you cannot imagine the modern world and its advancements. As coding skills have become the default requirement, the need for Computer Science Engineering is going to be high and prosperous. There is no doubt about the constancy of this field in the future. As job opportunities are booming at a great deal with high salary packages, you can go for it for the fruitful future it is going to give. As a matter of fact, Computer science jobs are expected to rise by 38% in the next 10 years.
Top Colleges for Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) in India
There are the best Engineering colleges for computer science Engg. in India that offer excellent education. You can find the top Engineering colleges in India below:
- Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- New Horizon College of Engineering, Bangalore
- The Oxford College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Atria Institute of Technology
Of course! It is worth it completely. Choosing CSE is like hitching a ride on the trend. With the technology booming, CSE is the base and runway for all computer technologies. With digital going every nook and corner of the world, it is hard to imagine a world without computer science. The demand will not inch south. Jobs for you are available everywhere you turn. That abundant are the opportunities. Also, you can earn a lot.
The whole course is going to be interesting. To start with, you will learn a mix of basics in the first year like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Engineering Mechanics, Engineering Graphics (Drawing), and Basic Electric Engineering. You will have subjects from other departments to get a grasp of the fundamentals. Then, you will start with basic programming like C, C++. Later on, you will be taken to other programming languages like Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Perl, Python, and C#. Along with this, you will get knowledge of the principles of computer hardware, computer architecture, computer graphics, and other theory subjects.
Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) course fee ranges from ₹1 to 10 Lakhs.
There are diverse CSE job roles and fields are available for you to opt. You can choose based on your interests. Here are some for your knowledge:
- Software Developers
- Application analyst
- Networking Engineers
- Games developer
- Multimedia programmer
- Database administrator
- Data analyst
- Technical Writer
- IT consultant