An MBA in International Businesses is one of the trending specializations for the MBA/PGDM program is a post-graduation course structured to deliver expert knowledge in international business management. With business moving globally and working over in the international market, the complexity of managing increases with many differential aspects of the foreign market. With varieties in market and customer preferences, not every decision made works for every foreign market. It makes managing business in foreign countries more challenging. This is where graduates in International Businesses are needed to mitigate this complexity and present excellent functional skillsets to manage international businesses.
The popularity of the course is not just because of heavy demand at recent times, but also program module that is designed to give a balanced theoretical and practical knowledge of the syllabus. The course generates one of the grossing and highest-paid career opportunities allowing the candidate with options for a successful career.
Let us dive deep to understand more about this trending course module and the opportunities it carries.
The course syllabus of a post-graduation degree in International Business includes the following subjects;
- Financial Derivatives and Risk Management
- International Contract Management
- International Supply Chain Management
- Financing of International Trade
- Managing Global Compliance in Exports
- International Human Resource Management
- Foreign Language for Business
- International Advertising and Brand Management
A student aspiring to apply for MBA in International Business must qualify the following eligibility criteria;
- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in their basic graduation degree.
- Must have qualified for the respective entrance exams as accepted by the colleges.
The final admission will be based on a written test, an entrance test comprising of Group Discussion, a Written Ability Test, and a final round of Personal Interview. Here are some of the common entrance exams for an MBA in International Business:
In today’s market, an MBA graduate in International Business Management has a wide range of career options to choose from. The job profiles offered are one of the best paid and grossing. They are frequently hired or called upon by international business giants or new market entrants not only to manage their import exports or branding in a foreign market but also to support companies’ compliance and regulatory requirements, marketing aspects as well as foreign exchange matters.
The future scope of this MBA specialization is one of the highest given to the need to manage internal businesses. Here are some of the popular job titles offered to a graduate:
- Export-Import Management
- Brand Management
- International Marketing
- Logistics Management
- Compliance Management
- Foreign Exchange Management
top colleges in India
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
ISMR – International School of Management & Research
- MDI Gurgaon – Management Development Institute
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Department of Management Sciences, Pune University
- Birla Institute of Management
- School of Business Management – University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
- Japuria Noida – Jaipuria Institute of Management
- Jamia Milia Islamia [JMI]
- Alliance School of Business, Alliance University
- IPE Hyderabad – Institute of Public Enterprise
Some of the top recruiting MNCs hiring from this discipline are;
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
Some of the lucrative job opportunities include:
- Business Development Manager
- Export Executives
- International Business Consultant
- Investment Banker
- Global Business Manager
- International Marketing Manager
The salary offered to an MBA graduate in International Business pretty much depends on the proficiency a candidate has in the subject alongside the BSchool or College the candidate is from. Depending on the institution or BSchool they did their post-graduation from, an MBA in International Business can get offers any from 6-10 LPA to start with.