MBA Operations Management course is a 2-year Postgraduate degree that involves strategic planning, executing, and efficient management of resources in an organization. Those who have immense interest in practical resource management, maintaining interpersonal relations, good communication skills, and administration skills can pursue this degree.
This course offers insights into the corporate atmosphere, business management, managerial economics, risk management, and various important subjects. An internship is also required to make students understand the practical applications of the course. This degree course is offered by top business schools in India. A fruitful career is awaiting for those who want to go into the operations field.
Many operations and management-related subjects are taught in the MBA Operations management syllabus. Some of the subjects you’ll study are as follows:
- Corporate Environment
- Corporate legal Environment
- Operations Strategy
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Quantitative Techniques & Methods
- Management of International Business
- Accounting for Management
- Business Skill Development
- Managerial Economics
- Operations Scheduling
- Demand and Business Forecasting
- Business Skills Development
- Information Technology
- Industry Best Practices
- Inventory Control
- Production Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Business Process Modelling
- Operations Research
The eligibility criteria for MBA Operations should be known before applying for any college. Check them out below:
- Students should have passed 10th and 12th with 50% marks from the authorized board or university.
- Students should have passed a Bachelor’s degree from any recognized college/University with 45% or 50% marks.
- Entrance exams are conducted in many colleges and some of them are CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT, etc.
- After passing the entrance exam, the student also needs to go through an interview for the final selection. Upon clearing it, students will get admission.
- Few colleges accept students through Management Quota also.
If you are keen on leading a Corporate firm, startups, or medium-sized organizations, this career will make it a reality. The Operations field has equal importance as that of technical jobs. Because monitoring and administering organizations are essential for a productive environment and these graduates fit the bill at big as well as small firms. Graduates can work in private as well as government sectors. Even in abroad companies, the course is on-demand and is valued immensely.
MBA Operations Top colleges in India
Many colleges across India offer MBA Operations degree courses. Here are the best colleges for MBA in Operations Management are:
- IIM Calcutta
- IIM Bengaluru
- University of Mysore, Mysore
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Pune
- MDI Gurgaon
- GD Goenka School of Management, Gurgaon
- Institute of Engineering and Management, Kolkata
- IIM Lucknow
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
- BIMTECH, Noida
- Xavier Labor Research Institute, Jamshedpur
- CMJ University, Shillong
- Ram Krishna Dharmarth Foundation University, Ranchi
- ASBM University, Bhubaneswar
Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
The MBA Operations fee structure ranges from INR 3 lakh to 8 Lakh per year
The fresher’s salary for MBA in Operations Management is around INR 3 lakh to Rs. 7 lakh per annum.
There are diverse job opportunities for an Operations major student. Some of them are listed below:
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Manager
- Inventory Control Manager
- Supply Chain Program Manager
- Process Managers
- Plant Manager
- Account Manager
- Area Operations Manager
- General Operations Manager
- Research Analyst