New Horizon College of Engineering
"Inspiring Engineers, Driving Innovation"
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE) is a leading technical institution in Bangalore that strives to achieve excellence in the field of education. NHCE was started in 2001 and is an educational arm of New Horizon Educational Institution. It provides various undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses.
Grading & Evaluation:
New Horizon College of Engineering implemented the method of Choice-Based Credit System (CBCS) for grading and evaluation. It rejects the results declared in marks and adopts the grading method. Electives are allowed which makes the students versatile and bestows the chance to gain knowledge of co-domains. Fast-tract exams are available to help in pursuing Internships without much disturbance. While NHCE evaluates students’ performance but the degree is given by Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU).
MoUs and Industrial Interactions:
NHCE facilitates out of academic programs very well. The college has strong ties with Autoliv India Pvt, Infosys, DBOI Global Services Pvt. Ltd, Robogenesis, Sansera Engineering, Sapspring, etc. for industrial interactions. Student Exchange programs are actively conducted. Some of the institutions involved are:
- CESI Rouen
- University of Rouen
- ESIGELEC Rouen (Grand Ecole (French Ivy))
- INSA Rouen
- University of Le Havre
- ISPA Alencon
New Horizon Leadership
New Horizon Scholarships
New Horizon Bangalore grants various scholarships and other rewards:
- Government scholarships can be availed.
- 50% Freeship for toppers of the respective branches.
- Besides, merit scholarships, sports scholarships, and Sindhi scholarships are given to eligible students.
- Gold Medal will be awarded to Best outgoing Student every year.
The NHCE Bangalore admission fees structure is as follows:
|Courses||Fees (Per year)|
|Mechanical Engineering||INR 2,10,000|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||INR 2,50,000|
|CSE – Artificial Intelligence||INR 2,70,000|
|B. Com / BBA / BCA||INR 1,04,000|
|Civil Engineering||INR 2,10,000|
|Information Science & Engineering||INR 2,50,000|
|Automobile Engineering||INR 2,10,000|
|Electrical & Electronics Engineering||INR 2,10,000|
|Computer Science Engineering||INR 2,70,000|
|Girls (4 sharing)||INR 1,14,000|
|Boys (3 sharing)||INR 1,20,000|
New Horizon College of Engineering (NHCE) is widely known for its excellent placements. NHCE laid out great plans for training their students to bridge the skill gap. The domains include aptitude, reasoning, technical skills, core skills, communication skills, and personality development. As a result, the students transform into job-ready candidates. Many companies come to NHCE Bangalore for on-campus placements with lucrative offers. The highest package offered here is 30 LPA.
How is Education at New Horizon?
NHCE Bangalore offers various undergraduate, postgraduate, and Ph.D. courses. All courses are available in 2 different streams: Global and Professional. Innovation is their watchword. New Horizon college enjoys the freedom of Autonomous status. It structures and creates its own syllabus which is often updated in order to match the relevancy to the current happenings and changes. Also, the curriculum is ‘Employment centric’ so that the students are skilled in academics.
NHCE always tries innovative methods of teaching and encourages students to be creative in what they endeavor. With a vast repository of knowledge of faculties, grooming students to the competitive world is easy. The institution encourages each student’s interests and ambitions. At NHCE, human values, intellectual brilliance, empathy, and kindness are instilled in young minds.
New Horizon College of Engineering Bangalore has the following courses:
Undergraduate Degree (B.Tech)
- Automobile Engineering
- Basic Sciences & Humanities
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Information Science & Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
Postgraduate Degree (M.Tech)
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Machine Design
- Cyber Forensic & Information security
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- M.Sc (Engineering)
NHCE is situated in Marathahali which is in proximity to the IT hub in Bengaluru city. Near the college, you can find workspaces of IT giants like Capgemini, ARM, Accenture, Symphony, Wipro, Intel, Cisco, and Nokia. Spread over 11 acres, a splendid infrastructure dot the area.
The campus brims with the whole raft of facilities:
- Naturally-lit classrooms – spacious and ventilated rooms for effective learning.
- Hi-tech laboratories – Well-equipped labs complement in carrying out better practical experiments.
- Auditorium – It houses 700 seats to make the event happening and grand. seminars, paper presentations, inter-cultural events are conducted here. The regular event that happens here is the Guest lecture.
- Conference Rooms - Built incorporate style and infrastructure, these are apt for corporate meetings and recruitments
- Video Conference Room – It comes with a recording facility and often used as online classrooms. Guest lectures are recorded and can be viewed by the students.
- Seminar Halls – These are state-of-the-art buildings meant for effective events
- Cafeteria – Filling and tasty food are supplied to suffice the taste buds of young people.
- Sophisticated Hostels for both boys and girls which are secured and replete with warming facilities.
- Indoor and outdoor game conducting facilities are also available. The wide expanse of the playground is available for all sports.
- Numerous college buses connect key as well as remote areas from the college.
- NHCEians are practisers than preachers. As an eco-friendly move, the New Horizon college follows Rain Water harvesting.
- Using recycled water from the in-house Sewage Water Purification Plant for the garden and sports area has become habitual at NHCE. They constantly spread awareness about water scarcity and the need for conservation.
- They use solar panels for energy consumption. You can notice informational posters on energy consumption here and there on the campus.
- The NHCE Bangalore encourages tree plantation and motivates students to do the activity.
Apart from Scholarship, Monetary benefits are offered to students to encourage them to participate in national level sports tournaments Students and faculty members have access to Learning resources in the form of e-journals, books, etc. Encouragement is given to teachers for upgrading their careers vertically.
NHCE campus conducts extra-curricular and recreational activities very often. One of the fascinating things at NHCE is that the celebrities are invited to entertain students. Some of them are Dhvani Bhanushali, MR. Krishna Abhishek, Mr.Hita Anbrish, Shirley Setia, Boman Irani, Varun Dhawan, Rakul Preet Singh, Yami Gautam, Bobby Joshi, Siddharth Malhotra. The events conducted at New Horizon college Bangalore are:
- SARGAM fest – It is an inter-college fest that is quite popular among students and it gives an opportunity for them to showcase their talents.
- TEDx – NHCE – This is to shed light on the spectacular speakers of NHCE
- Fresher’s day – The event to celebrate the arrival of freshers by the seniors
- Fresh face
- Festival celebrations
- Students are encouraged to participate in Hackathons, Tech talks and even some students have won big back to college.
- Inter-college sports fest is conducted.
New Horizon often makes it to headlines for its outstanding achievements. NHCE has an immense reputation and has got about 28 awards. Some of their achievements are as follows:
- NHCE was awarded ‘Excellence in providing the preferred environment for campus placements’ honor.
- It also got the award of ‘Excellence in promoting Industry-Academia Interface’.
- NHCE is the first college to attain the record of ‘Filed 201 Patents in 3 Years in India and in the World’.
- Ranked No.1 in Karnataka, 6th in South India, and 12th in India among the “Best Private Tech Schools”.
- Some of the great achievements by NHCE students are: They have filed 201 patents between 2017 and 2019. Out of which they got a license for 8.