Master of Pharmacy or M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Technology is a 2-year full-time postgraduate course in pharmacy. It deals with biotechnology, chemical intermediates, manufacturing equipment, packaging machinery amongst others. This course has many opportunities, both in the educational as well as pharmaceutical sectors.
With the increase in demand for pharmacists due to the expansion of hospitals and laboratories, the demand for pharmacists is also increasing. M.Pharm course in Pharmaceutical Technology is ideal to pursue your passion in the field of pharmacy.
The course is about various techniques and procedures for preparing, manufacturing, packaging, and storage of drugs. The students also learn about the drugs used for diagnosis and treatment purposes.
- Analytical Techniques
- Methods in Drug Evaluation
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems – I
- Quality Assurance, GMP, and Process Validation
- Research Methodology
- Novel Drug Delivery Systems – II
- Pharmaceutical Product Development
- Pharmaceutical Production Management and Technology
- Dissertation Part -I
- Drug Regulatory Affairs and Intellectual Property Rights
- Dissertation Part – II
- Dissertation Part- III
- Industrial Training
Once the student graduates from the postgraduate program in M.Pharm Pharmaceutical Technology, a good future holds upon them. Many career options await them such as lecturer, Business Development Manager, Pharmaceutical Purchase Manager, and many more. Graduates get to work in academic institutions as faculties, both in Government and private sectors. One can also conduct research post-graduation.
Due to the increase in demand for pharmacists, there will be openings in hospitals and can even secure a job in government administration. Popular areas of hiring postgraduates in M.Pharm. Pharmaceutical Technology is Clinical Research Industries, Medical Colleges, and universities, Hospitals, Pharmaceutical Industry.
The course also enables postgraduates to opt for further studies in M.Phil or Ph.D. programs in the Pharmacy field. Companies like Dabur, Cipla, Indegene, Novartis, Dr. Reddy, Ranbaxy, Sun Pharma, Mediclin, Himalaya hire graduates every year through campus placements.
M.Pharm. Admission eligibility in Pharmaceutical Technology is based on merit lists where the applicants should have obtained a minimum of 55% aggregate or its equivalent marks in Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy.
The admission can also be held based on marks obtained in the relevant national or state level entrance exam, often followed by interview or group discussion rounds. Exams like;
- NIPER JEE
Top 10 colleges for M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Technology in India are
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Tamil Nadu
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Poona College of Pharmacy, Pune
- Indian Institute of Technology, BHU, Varanasi
- Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai
- NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH – [NIPER], Mohali
- NSHM Knowledge Campus, Kolkata
- Chandigarh University – [CU], Chandigarh
- Andhra University, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Visakhapatnam
- RC PATEL INSTITUTE OF PHARMACEUTICAL EDUCATION AND RESEARCH – [RCPIPER], Dhule
The average fee structure of M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Technology course may
The range between INR 36,000 and 4 lakhs per annum.
The students who are willing to pursue M.Pharm in Pharmaceutical Technology
The course should have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent from any recognized institution.
Dabur India Limited, Cipla, Sun Pharma, Jupiter, Lupin, Novartis Pharma AG,
AstraZeneca, Life Pharmacy, GSK, Indegene, BioClinica.