Master of Pharmacy in Pharmacy Practice is a 2-year postgraduate course aimed to make well-trained and well qualified clinical pharmacists to enhance and strengthen the healthcare industry. It instills the needed skills, good behaviour, and knowledge to be a good professional.
Pharmacy practice needs you to directly communicate with the patients to clarify and resolve the medicine related issues. The graduates will be associated with works like cure of disease, reducing the symptoms, slowing disease process and preventing disease or symptoms.
Following are some of the subjects you will study during the course time:
- Modern Pharmaceutical
- Principles of quality use of medicines
- Analysis Biostatistics
- Research Methodology and Biostatistics
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Clinical Pharmacy Practice
- Intellectual Property Rights and Regulatory
- Pharmacoepidemiology and Pharmacoeconomic
- Hospital and Community Pharmacy
- Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
- Clinical Research and Development
The eligibility criteria for this course are as follows:
- Students should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Pharma with 50% marks from any recognized College/University.
- Students should have cleared Class 10th and 12th with 45% aggregate marks from any recognized University.
- Students must have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in the 12th class.
- Students should be 17 or above during admission.
- Many colleges take students based on entrance exams. Few seats are allotted via 12th marks in colleges.
There are a number of job opportunities for Pharmacy Practice graduates. Hospitals recruit pharmacists to analyse patients’ condition and response towards drugs. One can also take up the position of Medical writer as the industry needs who knows scientific words and layman language as well. Upon registering yourself in the respective State Pharmacy council, you can work as a community pharmacist. If you like to pursue higher studies, you can pursue a Ph.D. program.
M. Pharm Pharmacy Practice Colleges in India
Following are some of the best Pharmacy Practice colleges in India:
- JSS College of Pharmacy, Mysore
- Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi
- PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore
- Manipal College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Manipal
- SRM College of Pharmacy, Kattankulathur
- Lovely Professional University, Punjab
- Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, Mandya
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- Punjabi University, Patiala
- Faculty of Pharmacy MS Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore
- KK College of Pharmacy, Chennai
- Pushpagiri College of Pharmacy, Thiruvalla
The Pharmacy Practice fee structure ranges from INR 90,000 to 6 Lakh per year
A fresher joining work can earn 3 lakh to 10 lakh per annum. Once you get expertise, in the following years you can earn a lot more.
Many job roles are available for a Pharmacy Practice expert. Some of them are listed below:
- Field Monitor
- Clinical Research Coordinator
- Clinical Monitor
- Clinical Research Scientist
- Trial Monitor
- Clinical Research Associate